For a small town Llangollen plays host to a surprising number of festivals, many of them at the Royal International Pavilion including the International Eisteddfod.
This world-renowned festival of music, song and dance attracts more than 120,000 visitors each year. Highlights in previous years have included Luciano Pavarotti, Katherine Jenkins, Bryn Terfel, Kiri Te Kanawa, The Manic Street Preachers, Jools Holland and Van Morrison.
Llangollen also plays host to other events such as:
- Llangollen Fringe Festival - Music, art, comedy and more
- LlanBikeFest - for everyone who loves motorcycles and motorcycling
- Hamper Food Festival - Showcase of the finest food and drink
- The Legendary Faery Festival - one of the largest faery events of the UK calendar
- Walking Festival - featuring a range of walks in and around Llangollen